I suggest you ...

Resource Allocation %

UPDATE: We have added the ability to estimate how many hours each person will be working on the task (ex. 4 hrs/day). Here's a video about it: http://teamgantt.com/video/hourly-estimating-in-teamgantt/

Do you still want Resource allocation %? Feel free to enter comments below.
Thanks!
Nathan
I would really love to see a "presumed" resource allocation %, nothing complicated, but some way to see how "full" a particular team member is based on assignments.

203 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JZJZ shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

In many cases a resource can work on multiple related tasks in a day. Assuming 100% allocation to each task just make planning a pain. Using hours per task per day is too fine grained- especially when you are doing planning early in a project.

• NickNick commented  · 

By the hour would be great—so adding levels per user allocated onto a task — example: Nick = 8 hours per day and Steve = 2 hours per day. Then the 'availability view' could change also, so its hours instead of tasks. This would be amazing!

• Oliver HoffOliver Hoff commented  · 

This is an absolute necessity. The tool simply assumes that every ressource works full days every day. This makes it completely useless for any kind of company-wide ressource planning

• TorstenTorsten commented  · 

Actually, I think that "percentage" is not the right way. It should be absolute hours per task, per resource.
        Imagine part time employees (you re-assign a different person and suddenly the percentage is wrong).
        Filtering by resource should display the total hours for that resource per day/week.

• ChrisChris commented  · 

This would be very useful. For managing resources between other departments in my company I needed to know how many days each resources was scheduled to work for this project. The only way I could find this out was to go through and count each day, one by one.

• Matt HerronMatt Herron commented  · 

Great idea! I would also like to be able to specify an optimum hour goal for each resource or person. A use case would be: 3 full-time designers put in ~25 hours/week each, 2 full-time devs put in 30/week each, and 1 part-time dev puts in 10/week. Is each resource being used to their full potential? Or only 85% of their maximum? etc.

• TorstenTorsten commented  · 

Either % or estimated hours for each resource that is assigned to that specific task.

• ShaneShane commented  · 

I second this idea. In my case it would be nice to assign an optional estimated time for each task/resource combination. This way I know that if a resource is able to produce X hours of work per week, that I know how to schedule them in. My team often has many projects and tasks going on at one time, so this feature would be critical to planning out project schedules.

Feedback and Knowledge Base