I suggest you ...

Dependencies - more options

It would be very useful if there would be dependencies like End-End or Start-Start, not only End-Start.

245 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marta shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rebecca commented  · 

I absolutely agree. Im a long time creator of Gantt charts and think TeamGantt is a great product. The only thing letting it down is SS, FF and FS -/+ xxd or SS -/+ xxd.

@TeamGantt team is this feature in the backlog? If so, how soon is it scheduled to be released?

• luisotsm commented  · 

How is it possible to have a PM software that doesn't offer the basic types of dependencies, like: End-end and start-start

• Anonymous commented  · 

These comments go back to 2011.... Has anyone had any response from teamgantt at all?

• Brian O' Connor commented  · 

Definitely need to expand this area of functionality. Same day finish-start dependencies and overlapping milestones. Lack of this is starting to make the usefulness of the product diminish as I get better at planning with it!

• AD commented  · 

Agree with all the feedback here. These dependency types and establish lag is critical to creating and informing a complete and accurate schedule. Definitely a weak point.

• LC commented  · 

Need to chime in here and request this feature too, would be very useful

• Mike commented  · 

Dependency type and dependency lag are basic features. The product needs this to be a serious planning tool. I can't use this tool without it.

Type: Start-Start, Start-Finish, Finish-Start, Finish-Finish
        Lag: Duration that a dependent task must lag after dependency is met. Default is 0. Should allow positive or negative lag.

• Ari E Fuchs commented  · 

100% agree - is the biggest missing feature I've encountered so far.

• Sam Parlett commented  · 

This would be awesome! +1! But it looks like it's been a very long time since this was suggested

• Mischa commented  · 

Anybody out there? Please implement the common PM dependencies as well as a lag function

• j commented  · 

+1 for start-start dependencies

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree with all the comments below. This is the biggest hole I see with the TG product. All the different dependency options are critical, along with multiple dependencies assigned to a task, and the ability to assign float.

The functionality of this software is the very best that I have seen (drag and drop), but these items being missing makes the tool only marginally effective. The lack of these features will keep a lot of professional PMs from using this tool- which is a shame.

• Victor commented  · 

Totally agree this should be extended as soon as possible. Personally I need to be able to state that task A must be completed x days before task B is completed.

• Paul commented  · 

I agree with all the comments. I don't often use the other types of dependencies, but they are helpful to have. Having some of the other features people have mentioned would also be helpful, but there are workarounds for those.

• Roland Braun commented  · 

I totally agree with Suzanne and Ryan. SS, FF, SF, FS with buffer either in absolute values (e. g. days) or percentage. For example a task can not start before the other one has 50% progressed. Or two days before one task is finished the other one must start.
        Also multiple constraints are important because more than one task can depend on one other.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Definitely something that I was looking for, its very irritating when you have to manually update several tasks in several projects every time you have a delay, its even worse if you are finished earlier with a task...

Please add this :)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base